Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Red and green bell peppers create a brightly colored fajita filling and also provide a hefty dose of vitamin C — over half of the RDA for adults. Serve leftover chicken and veggies over a bed of crisp greens for lunch the next day, and top with tomatoes, avocado, and a sprinkle of cheese.
1 large onion, cut into slices
1 red bell pepper, cut into slices
1 green bell pepper, cut into slices
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into ½ to ¾-inch-thick slices
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. taco seasoning (see below)
1 Tbsp. lime juice
10 small fajita-size tortillas
For taco seasoning
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1½ tsp. cumin
¾ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. garlic powder
Combine in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine onion, peppers, chicken, and oil in a large bowl, stirring to combine. Sprinkle with seasoning; toss to coat all ingredients.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Spread chicken mixture across baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender. Drain and discard any excess juice from cooking. Squeeze lime juice over chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with flour tortillas and favorite toppings.
NUTRITION FACTS: Calories 373; Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1g); Cholesterol 66mg; Sodium 638mg; Total Carbs 42g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Total Sugars 6g, Added Sugars 0g); Protein 25g
CAROLYN WILLIAMS, PHD, RD